Acumatica’s newest semi-annual release, 2020 R1, is now hard at work. This latest iteration of Acumatica Cloud ERP greatly expands the solution’s capabilities. In the four months since it was introduced, users are starting to get a good feel for its updated functionality.
Here are some highlights, based on our experience with the new aspects of the toolset:
- An improved user experience—Acumatica xRP Platform gives you more flexibility and greater ease of use. For example, you can now use your smartphone to post expense receipts into Acumatica’s accounting software. Or, you can leverage Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to simplify workflows. The ability to add buttons makes it possible to jump quickly from one screen to another. These additions enable your people to be more productive.
- Omnichannel capabilities—2020 R1 integrates with the BigCommerce SaaS e-commerce platform to provide omnichannel sales support. You can integrate sales, customer service and delivery with back-end accounting. R1 supports B2B and B2C modes of business. Acumatica ISV partners further expand the potential for omnichannel business with connections to Magento and Shopify.
- In-house payroll—With Acumatica Payroll, you can do payroll in-house instead of integrating with an external payroll service provider. This will reduce overhead and speed up paycheck delivery. (Should make for happier employees, too…) Acumatica Payroll accommodates salaried and hourly workers, with seamless processing of timecards through access to detailed General Ledger (GL) and project accounting data. It also integrates taxes and tax forms, deductions, benefits and certified wages. The module even accommodates flexible payroll periods, overtime rules and union wage data.
- Cloud-based e-signatures—Acumatica 2020 R1 users can sign and track documents through a new integration with Adobe Document Cloud. They can do this on a Web browser or mobile device. This feature has the potential to streamline document and contract management.
- Better project management—Updated project management tools in R1 give you more advanced project management features, e.g. simplified project balance reconciliation. You can also track project progress with detailed daily field reports, weather data and photo logs.
- Improved manufacturing operations—R1 introduces a set of new, advanced planning features for manufacturing. These include “capable-to-promise” and “what-if scenarios.” Users can also take advantage of native shop floor data collection to track production and costs.
- New warehouse management functions—If your business has a warehouse, R1 helps you run it better with fast order generation, tracking and inventory management. Acumatica’s Warehouse Management module now also supports batch picking and rapid fulfillment.
These are just a few of the exciting new features available in 2020 R1. The various Acumatica industry editions have also been extensively updated. The new release adds many other accounting processes and reporting features as well. To see more, watch the video below.
It can be a bit daunting to figure out how your business will make the most of all these capabilities. We can help. We have worked with many clients on the assessment of ERP needs and the resulting customized implementation of Acumatica.
To learn more or schedule a free demo, contact us. Let’s discuss how Acumatica 2020 R1 can benefit your business.